POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Star Wars Battle Droid : Re: Star Wars Battle Droid Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Wars Battle Droid
From: Mike Thorn
Date: 8 Dec 2004 22:41:59
Message: <41b7c987$1@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch wrote:
> Now it's time for rendering the obligatory arrayed-army of them ;)
>
> rendertime++

The army is on its way, pending the learning of a couple features.

And rendertime? You wouldn't believe how long it takes to parse a
100x100 array of these guys...I actually ran out of memory trying to
create a 200x200 army. If the converter didn't do such wacky things with
the positioning (it uses matrices for everything and I hate those) it
would be easier to align the camera in such a way that minimal numbers
of units could be used with maximum exposure and effect.

~Mike